Our Time In New York

 

The other day I was driving from whole foods and I sensed Jose next to me and it reminded me of our trip to New York. Jose flew out to Chicago to play a gig at Smartbar. We then had 2 gigs out in New York City so we got in my car and drove all the way there.



One of the gigs we had was in a basement and it was so dark down there where I had a hard time seeing my records. I remember sitting with one of his friends outside at a cafe. I also remember meeting another one of his friends who was an actor who had just gotten a few acting roles. I remember driving around looking for parking spots. 




On the last day of our trip, we were headed back home. When we got to my car, my driver's side window had been smashed in. I was so angry and yet he helped me stayed calm. We went back into his friend's place, which was locked but we somehow found a way in through a key that was by the window sill. We found a roll of packing tape and proceeded to tape up the whole window. 

On our way back to Chicago the noise of the tape flapping back and forth going 80 miles an hour was incredibly loud, almost painful. I let him drive and remember looking at him, it made him happy to be driving in America. He always found a way to be grateful for any situation. 

I believe that Jose is bringing us back to music. We made a record together. He asked me to give him some tunes and release it on his label. That's another post but I will leave it at this...



Recently I made a mix

https://soundcloud.com/gregk/our-time and the final track of this mix is his remix of Antigua. You can hear it at 31:09 of the mix. 



Greg K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jose Raul

Life moves on, A Gonzo mix, and new friends for the Venus LP project