CACAO RECORD TO RELEASE THE VENUS LP




Exciting news family. Cacao Records will release the Venus LP. They are a Central American rooted label with a knack for refreshing exotic house & techno flavors, destined for late-night dancefloors. They are Berlin-based and run by brothers Lloyd Keene and Kevin Keene. 



I met the Keene brothers when I went down to Guatemala for the second time to play in a festival that Jose was helping out with run by Casta. I remember playing my set outside and then after I went into a side room. The place was packed and everyone was grooving to their tunes. I started bopping my head along with these guys. I said to myself, these guys know how to get the dancefloor moving. Later we ended up running into each other at the hotel that we stayed at. It was an older hotel with no tv and yet so quiet. I really enjoyed my stay there. It was in the heart of Guatemala City. It's always refreshing when you meet people and the kindness from their spirit wants us to root for them. That's the type of guys the Keene brothers are, we just want to root for them, we want to see them soar in the sky and reach all their dreams. And I believe that they will.  On a night out, we were all club hopping and we ended up in a place that was in a basement and packed. I remember Kevin and Lloyd getting a special invitation to get on the decks. They rocked the place and I danced my arse off. 

We are so excited that Cacao will be releasing the Venus LP. Look for it on March 9th, 2022. It will be a double LP on vinyl and also digitally released. We already have many on board but that's for another post... 

have wonderful music filled day,

Greg K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jose Raul

Life moves on, A Gonzo mix, and new friends for the Venus LP project

Our Time In New York