Jose Raul

 I met Jose Raul for the first time when I went to Guatemala. It was my first international gig. I remember carrying all my records through security. They were heavy. When I got to Guatemala City airport I was there with my just married wife Sandra. Coincidently, she is Guatemalan. I stood there outside the airport but he wasn’t there. I was feeling a bit scared, actually a lot scared. There were all these guys standing outside and some guy asked me if I wanted to use his phone. I did. Then he seemed mad when I wouldn’t take a ride from him. Jose, his usual calm self, told me he was close. He pulled up and with open arms he hugged me. He came with somebody else from his crew.  And off we were. My wife, Jose, and a friend. Little did I know that it was going to be one of the most memorable experiences in my life. Little did I know that I was going to gain a brother from another mother. Little did I know that he would one day in November 2020 pass due to Leukemia. The story just begin and what a ride it was. And now to honor his memory and to honor his unborn daughter Venus. We’re going to make one more record…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life moves on, A Gonzo mix, and new friends for the Venus LP project

Our Time In New York