DEAR VENUS

 Dear Venus,

I heard that you were born on 7.11.21. What an easy day to remember. Your grama tells me that she is enjoying time with you. And I'm sure you're mommy must be so happy. I was driving the other day and your daddy's mix came on through the speakers. As I listened to the wonderful sounds I started to think that you will never meet your daddy in person, and I felt really sad. Then I started to feel really angry because he will never get a chance to hold you. Tears came down my cheeks. 

I'm a dad of two amazing daughters and I know how wonderful it is to be a daddy of girls. I once read that "Daughters are gifts from God." You're a gift from God. And then I thought that we are never alone. God is always next to us. And then I thought, if God is next to us then you're daddy must be right there with him and he's definitely next to us watching over us. Your daddy was one of the greatest men I ever met and we started this project so that his memory can live on and so that you have a place to go to see your daddy. 

I got a chance to interview him for a podcast I was doing and I'm so grateful for it because he left us 30 mins of advice on life and music. Whenever you need some guidance this will be a great resource for you. He was wiser beyond years. At the end of the video, he says in order to achieve the things we desire we must, "Practice, have faith, and be grateful." So simple, yet so true. We will always be here for you and know that you've got a lot of daddies that you can turn to when you need help. We look forward to seeing you grow. Below is the interview with your Daddy. And remember, he's always next to you, watching over and guiding you in his kind and happy way. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jose Raul

Life moves on, A Gonzo mix, and new friends for the Venus LP project

Our Time In New York